Skip to main content

Random thoughts and New ideas

Did you ever start to do something and then get distracted by something else?  I just had one of those moments.  I had an idea of how I wanted to start this post when I looked down and realized my keyboard is quite. . .um. . .icky? 

Anyhoo, We're doing some tweaking here at the broads, as you've probably noticed.  A little diddling with the background and fonts and such.  Any feed back would be wildly appreciated by the way.  You know, colors and setup, ease of use, and is the font easy to read.  That sort of thing.

We are also going to be tweaking our postings a bit.  Adding some new things and whatnot.  Don't worry, we're still all about the book reviews!  We have thought of adding a recipe post, which should be yummy.  Possibly called "Braised Broads"? 
Get it?  Ha!  Seeing as I really only use most recipes(excluding baking) as a loose guideline, well, let's say my posts should be informative, funny and slightly confusing.  But fearest thou not!  I have not lost a kitchen yet!

We might also throw in some posts about movies and what's on the boob tube.  We'll need a name for it, maybe "Things I've seen".  I'm sure we can come up with something much more witty sounding.  It'll basically be Moira and I sounding off about, well, things we seen.  Movies, both old and new, that we may or may not have enjoyed.  T.V. shows will get thrown in too.  I must warn you I have a penchant for B movies and nerd shows. 

As always, we love when you stop by and want you to be glad you came.  If you have any suggestions to throw our way feel free, we usually do.  For now, I'm off to clean the icky from my keyboard!

 ~Mina

Comments

  1. I haven't been here for a while, as I usually read your post on Google reader. That's a huge change! I like it, it looks very fresh and girly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Pepca! It was time to brighten up the joint - although my sister, Mina, may have an entirely different theme up by tonight! Or maybe we'll just switch things up every few months. We never know just what we'll take a notion to do! Glad to see you.
    *Moira*

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the updates~ keep em coming baby! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We Broads love comments! Thanks for stopping by.....

Popular posts from this blog

Broads On A Budget: Fresh, Healthy, and Within The Budget!

Lately, I've seen a few news segments citing the higher cost in buying fresh produce and healthy foods compared with processed, prepared, packaged, but far from healthy products.  This caught my attention.  Eating for health is... well, sort of my goal.  I want my family (and myself!) to be healthy, but what I want most is to enjoy my food while feeling great about it's health and nutrition benefits. We can watch every cooking show on the cable channels, read each new cooking magazine with eager determination, and lose an hour (or two!) on Pinterest boards, but if we can't afford the grocery bill to create all those wonderful meals - it's all a wash.  So...is it possible to prepare healthy meals with fresh ingredients AND stick to a budget?  Broads everywhere know the answer is YOUUUU BETCHA! One issue I struggled with was meal-plan-cohesiveness.  In other words, creating my weekly meal plan around my fresh ingredients on hand to avoid waste.  (Who else has cring

IT will probably kill me...

    First of all, let me state that I love my husband.  Let it also be known that this fact may not save him from becoming a new "compost heap" in my back yard.  Maybe I'll plant a few shrubs on top, that would look nice.  Ooh, a nice gazebo covered in climbing roses and maybe a swing with....what?  Oh.           I have tried to come to terms with something that sends me into a state of near panic at the mere mention of the word.  Retirement.  There... I said it and didn't swoon.  I have heard the stories from married ladies with retired husbands, and with, first my father's and now my husband's lay-offs, I have experienced brief glimpses into this world.  So, I have learned some things .     The main thing, really, is that I would like to opt out but cannot, in good conscience, do that.   He can't work forever.    Right?  My dearest other half is only 40, so this retirement isn't happening anytime soon, but still.   He works as a carpenter, wh

Uhh....Seriously, we're waiting!!

      I know, I know.  You've probably been wondering where we have been.  Well, truth be told, your guess is as good as mine!   Wandering around the corridors of reality and looking--in earnest--for the emergency exit.  Real life has a way of derailing our engines and putting them on a completely different track.               During the spring, my kids happened.  From sports to plays, the driving is endless.  During the summer, my kids--again--happened.  Though, in Hartford, Hereford and Hampshire hurricanes hardly ever happen.  (Sorry about that, I had a moment.)  In the fall....do we see the pattern here?  Good.  So, between the kids' activities and school, hubby's work, my work, still remodeling the house, and my newest occupation as college student, I have very little room on my plate for cookies.  But damn-it, I like cookies.  I would love to roll naked in cookies!  Only metaphorically, I have no wish to explain those crumbs at the next gynie visit.  That, ladie