Skip to main content

Tuesday Teaser ~ April 03, 2012




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
Grab your current read - Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Welcome back to Tuesday Teasers!  I missed you all last week!

The Scorpion & the Seducer (Leisure Historical Romance)My feature today is from a library find I happened upon at my local library.  So glad I did!  This romance novel is a great read thus far.


The Scorpion and the Seducer, by Bonnie Vanak

Pg.  137 ~ 'Caire - noise, dusty, throbbing like a heartbeat.  Dark-eyed children held out a pleading palm, the fellahin were busy hauling items or selling; snake charmers, a man entertaining pedestrians with a trained monkey, the pale-skinned English driven in cabs by dark-skinned drivers - it was a living mass of humanity in the land of the burning yellow sun and the sharp blue skies.'

Pg. 228 ~ '"You're more beautiful than dawn over the pyramids."
The husky admiration in Thomas's voice gave her confidence.  Jasmine lifted her chin, let her arms drop to her sides. 
He held out a hand.  "Come to me, Jas."
This was it then, no turning back.  One more step and she crossed a threshold for both of them.  Jasmine hesitated a moment, feeling as if she were about to embark on a wonderful, exciting yet fearsome journey.'

What are you reading this week? 

 - Moíra ♣

Comments

  1. Very interesting teasers. I'm currently reading Incarnate by Jodi Meadows. A lovely read thus far.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We Broads love comments! Thanks for stopping by.....

Popular posts from this blog

Ahh, vacation...

     Well, I did it.  I survived my first family vacation.  I'm pretty sure I have a little less hair and an eye tic, but dammit, I'm  alive!!        Yes, we have taken little vacations in the past.  My grandparents had a cottage on a lake about 2 hours from here and we'd go for long weekends, but this was different.  This was the 9 hour drive-stay in a hotel kind of vacation.   Everyone better thank their lucky stars it was on the beach, too.  No shoes makes Mommy a happy girl.        While I was somewhat mollified by the "Yay! No Shoes!" thing, the planning and keeping in-line of the entire family and their things was slightly less enjoyable than stepping on legos in your bare feet...in the dark....while sick. Yeah, for me, it's like that.            As my dearest sister Moira can attest, I am not up for any organizational aw...

A Round Of Words In 80 Days...We're Game!

Here's A Group For Writers Of All Varieties... Click the link to find out what creator Kait Nolan has to say about her wildly popular and growing writing challenge that knows you have a life! What Is  ROW80 ? In short, it's a place to set flexible writing related goals in which you can glean encouragement from fellow writers/bloggers/reviewers and benefit from accountability.  (Complete instructions/rules/guidelines below) Here's what Mina and I would like to accomplish during Round 4: *  We will check in at least once a week, offering a post that deals with some aspect of writing.  It may be a writer we'd like to showcase, a poem we've found or written ourselves, or our own quirky commentary on some shiny bauble/idea/thought/fashion/recipe/book/author that's caught our eye or attention.  *  Both Moira and Mina will visit around and visit at least 5 blogs per week - that's 10 in all.  We may complete this for each check-in...but w...

Tuesday Teaser ~

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading . Here's how it works.. Grab your current read Open to a random page Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure what you share does not give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!) Share the title & author too so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! Hi, All!  I've been absent the last two weeks, catching up on my reading.  Now I've got a new teaser to share.   Mina reviewed one of Katie MacAlister's books awhile back, and that review left me eager to search out this author.  When I saw this title, I had to give it a try.  One hilarious escapade after another, Men In Kilts is sure to elicit a giggle even from the staunchest of readers.  If you like humor sprinkled throughout your romance once in awhile, this is ...